I love working with scrap paper or old books and giving them new life. I’ve seen a few paper flower tutorials around have combine a few things I’ve seen in them to bring you my version.
- Scrap paper (here I’m using some scrap book pages from “The Secret Garden”
- Hot Glue
- Thick gauge wire or cut coat hangers
1. First cut the paper into 5 different sized petal shapes and than make 4 more again of each size. Shape and general size do not matter as this will depend on how large you want the flower. Here I’ve included in scissors for size comparison.
2. Curl the edges of each petal to give it shape and texture.
3. Grab your wire and cut another petal shape to glue and wrap around to make the middle.
4. Start attaching the petals around the middle from smallest to largest overlapping and making it look as natural as possible.
5. After the rose has been formed, flip it over to the underside where we will start by wrapping the base with ribbon to cover unpleasant paper folds.
And now your rose is complete! These are beautiful as single flowers or as a dozen in a bouquet.