Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie Bites Recipe
I had some leftover shortening left over from another recipe that I needed to use up, so I changed up some ingredients in another recipe to create these yummy cookie bites. The cinnamon flavour mixes so well with the apples and oats. These ingredients combine to form a collection of crumbly but delicious cookie bites! I hope that you enjoy these as much as my husband and I do.
Yields: approximately 4 dozen cookies.
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup quick cooking steel-cut oats
- 1 cup apples, peeled, cored, and finely diced
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie Bites Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat the shortening and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour half of the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the the oats and apples.
- Pour the remaining half of the dry mixture in. Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Roll into balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet; for each ball use approximately 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls of cookie dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes.