VIDEO: Craft Room Tour
In 2015, I posted a craft room reveal on my blog. My craft room lived in the smallest room of the house. I loved the layout of the room, but I wanted to have more room to grow. By 2016, I had a knitting machine and a desire to use more of my sewing machine collection more easily. The room was just too small for the equipment I had in there. I also wanted to move my office (basically just my computer and printer) from the dreary basement into my craft room too.
Welcome to my new craft room! I had a spare bedroom in my house so I converted the spare bedroom into my new, larger craft room and turned my old craft room into a sweet baby nursery for my son. This set up should work for my household for a few years at least.
Video Craft Room Tour:
My favourite things about my craft room:
- I love my wall of quilting fabric. I use comic book boards to wrap my fabric like mini fabric bolts. Read about that organization system on this previous blog entry: How to Make Mini Fabric Bolts for Your Craft Room.
- I love my mini jars for all those crafty bits and bobs that tend to get lost. I keep these on their sides in a shallow desk drawer.
- I love to keep small decor items that make me smile every time I look at them. For example, my mini decorative sewing machine, my Asian ball-jointed dolls (MSD size), and artwork given to me by friends or created by me. I’m slowly building a gallery wall.
- My cutting tools hung behind the door, like my cutting mat and rulers. For a long time, these tools just got left around wherever they could fit. I’m so glad they have their own home now.
- My Singer 66 vintage sewing machine looks beautiful and functions great! It’s my go-to for sewing in my sewing room. When I want to sew in the living room, I use my Singer 301 portable machine instead.
Improvement wish list for my craft room:
- My closet is not one of those Pinterest-ready closets. It’s purely for function. I’d love to one day have a more beautiful storage system, but I suppose that closets have doors for a reason.
- I want to paint the wooden sewing desk I recently picked up to match my other desk. It’s a fake wood veneer that isn’t very attractive.
- My main work table is one of those cheap folding tables. I’d love to get a real permanent work table. Additionally I have utilitarian storage tubs for my fleece and other fashion fabrics that are visible under the work table. I’d like to come up with a solution for the under-table area that is prettier.
I’m always looking for craft room inspiration. If you have posted a craft room tour video or pictures on your blog, feel free to share the post link in the comments!