One of my favourite home decor blogs is Apartment Therapy. Unlike the beautiful, stylish rooms featured on this blog, I feel like my apartment needs a lot of therapy. They periodically run events to revitalize your home. The latest AT Cure starts today, January 2nd, and I can’t wait to get involved and refresh my apartment.
My main goals are to make apartment easier to manage and more relaxing. Sometimes I feel stressed in my home just because of the clutter. By blogging along with the Cure, I’m holding myself accountable for making changes.
Bring it on, 2014!
Day one involves creating a list of potential projects. I’ve created my own list of projects separated by room:
- Clean clutter from boot/shoe area.
- Remove extra jackets from daily hooks
- Utilize vertical space on back of closet doors for additional storage
- Purchase chalk for command centre.
- Find permanent space for slowcooker
- Scrape stray paint from cupboards
- Find canisters / labels for baking supplied that fit within n 9” tall cabinets
- Dining Room
- Tidy bookshelves
- Rearrange dining room table to fit better (research options for smaller table with fewer chairs)
- Hang some art
- Living Room
- Declutter coffee table
- Reorganize media centre shelving
- Rehang framed poster above aquarium
- Set up new home theatre system (won a system online and it should arrive here in the next fifteen days!)
- Rehang broken shelf
- Clean off top of dresser
- Tidy bookshelves
- Reduce amount of wires in the overflowing wire container in the closet
- Get rid of extra computer cases (back up, take to recycling)
- Donate extra computer desk
- Tidy desktop surfaces
- Fix curtain rod
- Get organizer for cleansers
- Declutter shelf
- Get rid of expired/unnecessary items in medicine cabinet
Are you participating in the Cure this year? This is my first year, but after reading the testimonials of previous participants, I’m looking forward to it!