This weekend was our first major snowstorm of the season, and being stuck inside gave me motivation to work on my Christmas tree. Other than the tree skirt, I realized there was nothing homemade on my tree! Time to get crafty and make some ornaments out of scrapbook paper:
Supplies You’ll Need
- Round paper punch
- Three sheets of coordinating scrapbook paper
- Double-sided tape
- Punch out 20 circles from scrapbook paper. I layered the three sheets and punched them at once to triple my productivity.
- Punch out one extra circle and cut out an equilateral triangle from it, as large of a triangle as can fit in the circle. This will become a template.
- Place the triangle on a face-up circle. Fold the protruding curved edges over the edge of the triangle template. Repeat until all 20 circles are folded.
- Take a piece of double-sided tape and attach two circles together. Press and hold to secure.
- Join five circles together to form the base of the ornament.
- Continue joining circles. No matter angle is facing you, you should always have circles meeting to form a point. This way, the ornament will be completely round. (Five circles at the top, ten circles going around, five circles at the base.) When you get to the top of the ornament, squeeze a ribbon in and secure with double-sided tape on the inside.