Cupcake Liner Pom Pom Centrepieces Revisited
A while back, I wrote a tutorial on how to make cupcake liner centrepieces. I loved the look of them, but as they sat on my kitchen table among my other wedding prototypes, I noticed a fatal flaw: the finishing nails, due to the small size of the head, are not all that secure. For longevity, this is an issue: I found that some of the liners started to fall off, while the nail stayed in the ball.
It was time for Cupcake Liner Pom Pom 2.0: Thumbtack Edition!
Supplies You’ll Need
- Styrofoam Balls (I used 3″)
- Flat Shiny Thumbtacks (Cheapest ones in silver I could find were at Walmart)
- Cupcake Wrappers
- Take a cupcake wrapper.
- Take a thumbtack.
- Pierce the centre of the cupcake liner with the pin of the thumbtack facing the base.
- Fold up the cupcake wrapper from the centre up.
- Twirl the paper in a circular motion, forming a shape similar to a flower.
- Pierce the thumbtack into the styrofoam ball. You can use glue if you want for extra stability and security.
- Repeat until the ball is full.
These puffs are quite adorable. While I plan on using these for my wedding, they’d be really cute to use at a birthday party or other event as well. Happy puff-making!