Simple Peanut Butter Cookies
With September halfway through and fall slowly creeping up on us, I tend to find myself craving warm home cooked meals and treats baked by scratch. Now not all of us can find the time or the ingredients on hand when that craving hits but here is a great classic recipe using what most of us should have on hand in the kitchen. Here is my simple version of those classic peanut butter cookies.
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
*Makes 2 dozen cookies
1. In a large mixing bowl add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and egg and blend until well mixed.
2. After well mixed add in peanut butter, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour. Remember to continuously mix the dough while added these in and scraping the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is well blended.
3. Once all mixed your dough should look like this.
4. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a greased cookie sheet. Start adding dough balls about the size of a spoon to the sheet.
5. Don’t forget to press on the dough balls with a fork for that famous cross-hatch pattern!
6. Bake in the oven for about 9 – 11 minutes or until golden brown, once baked remove and let sit until cool. This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies.