I personally love smoothies. Great to cool you down in the summer or even as a breakfast supplement when on the go.
Usually I’m the first one to experiment in different types of fruit smoothies but I have to admit I was thrown off a bit by a few recipies that called for veggies like spinach and avocado. That is until I tried it, I have to say I was happily surprised of what a great addition it can make! In today’s recipie I’ve expirimented with both fruits and veggies!
- Frozen fruits (Blueberries, strawberries, and mangos)
- Yogurt (can be regular or greek)
- Orange juice
1. First add your frozen fruits as shown. I prefer using frozen fruits rather than fresh in a smoothie because of the difference in texture. I find that fresh fruits will make the smoothie more liquidy and frozen will have more of a thick texture.
2. Next we’ll add (in order) 4 spoonfulls of yogurt, 1 avocado, and spinach.
3. and lastly add in the orange juice. Add a bit for now but you’ll probably need to add a bit more while in the middle of blending. It’s a matter of preferance for this as the more orange juice you add the more liquidy it will become.
4. Now were all ready to blend! Yes, as you can see I own a Magic Bullet…you know the cheesy commercials with the drunken grandma? I actually got mine from Canadian Tire a couple of years ago on sale and its probably one of my better purchases surprisingly! Since I usually only make 1 – 2 servings at a time I find this great and it also comes with cup attachments and that means less dishes for me!
And here is the finished smoothie! It’s really filling but super yummy and the blueberries give it a healthy purple colour!