Spinach and Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
I love lasagna but unfortunately when there are only two in your household and both of us living a fast paced life style there is not much time to make this classic dish. After discovering that I can enjoy one of my favorite dishes and cut the cooking time lasagna rolls have now become a great supper treat and with enough left over for lunches the next day!
- Lasagna noodles
- 1/2 lb of lean ground beef
- Spaghetti sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Fresh spinach
*makes 6 servings
1. Boil 6 lasagna noodles in a large pot. While the noodles boil brown the ground beef in a frying pan.
2. After the beef has browned add in spaghetti sauce, zucchini and let simmer while finishing the noodles.
3. Remove noodles and lay out on a cutting board. Spread a light layer of sauce on the noodles, this will prevent the noodles from drying out during baking and also moisten the spinach.
4. The next picture will show all the steps in what to add and how to roll everything together. First you’ll add a light layer of mozzarella which will follow by the spinach and lastly the meat mixture.
Once everything is layed out start rolling the noodle up. I like to use skewers to hold everything together before adding the roll to my baking dish.
5. Once you have all the noodles rolled up lay them in a oven dish. First you’ll want to spread a layer of sauce in the dish to prevent the noodles from drying up and sticking to the bottom.
6. Once all the rolls are in the oven dish. Spread a light layer of mozzarella and sauce over them. My dish is a little smaller so I can only fit 4 rolls and will have to make the last two seperately. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F and bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve as is or with a side of salad.
Here is the finished dish! These are really filling (I can eat about 1) and go great with a side salad. The great thing is that these can be individually wrapped and set aside for lunches.