Easy To Make Lyric Wall Art
Here’s a great idea for someone who wants original wall art but is not too comfortable picking up a paintbrush. Well in this project you will need to pick up a paintbrush but not have to worry too much about technique.
I’ve seen this popular pin a few times and wanted to try it out for myself.
What you’ll need:
- Acrylic paints
- Paint brush
- Alphabet stickers
- A favorite phrase or song lyric in mind
advertisement - content continues below
1. Choose your paints. Make sure you have multiple colours or a set colour scheme or you can even free style it. Basically go abstract on the canvas with colours. I decided to go with cool blues and an off white cream colour.
2. Grab your alphabet stickers and arrange your favorite quote or song lyrics and stick them on the canvas where ever you want. I’ve decided to go with some lyrics from the song “Karma Police” by Radiohead.
3. Now this step was the only con I saw to this pin. Basically in this step we are going to cover the entire canvas and stickers with white paint. The only reason I saw this as a con was that it basically wastes paint. But then again if I had larger sticker letters I can see this working out as less than a waste (which I want to try).
5. And there you have it! Overall this is a great project and makes wonderful wall art. Next time I try this project I will use larger sized stickers though!
And the finished product: